Welcome to the website of the Australasia Extracellular Vesicles Conference. This Conference was be held at Mantra Lorne in Victoria from the 31st January - 2nd February, 2017
The aim of this conference is to bring together researchers working on extracellular vesicles (EVs) such as exosomes, microvesicles, microparticles and other vesicles. Worldwide, there has been a surge of interest in EV research over the last 3-5 years. The meeting will feature national and international speakers with plenty of opportunities for talks from submitted abstracts. We encourage students and early career researchers to submit abstracts and participate in the meeting.
Topics covered at the meeting included all aspects of extracellular vesicle research ranging from the cell biology surrounding their biogenesis, to their functional roles in inter-cellular communication, disease and as potential diagnostics and therapeutics.
Abstract Topics at the 2017 meeting!
- Understanding distinct subtypes of EVs
- Characterizing cargo, biogenesis, surface markers
- Understanding mechanism and function
- Biofluid purification and characterization
- Diagnostics, therapeutics and preclinical studies
- Cancer biology, parasite-host interaction, pregnancy, physiology, and far more biological applications
- Insights into genomics, proteomics, epigenetics, bioinformatics