GETTING TO LORNE
The Australasia Extracellular Vesicles Conference has specially coordinated transfers to get delegates to Lorne in a safe and timely manner.
Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport to Lorne
Buses depart 31/1/2017 from the designated bus lane out the front of the international terminal at Tullamarine Airport at 12.00pm sharp, arriving in Lorne at approximately 2:30pm. Cost $35 one way.
Lorne to Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport
Bues depart 2/2/2017 from the front of Mantra Lorne (conference venue) for Tullamarine Airport at 2.00pm sharp, arriving at Melbourne Airport at approximately 4:30pm. Cost $35 one way.
Please allow for 2.5 - 3 hours to travel to and from Lorne for flight bookings.
PLEASE NOTE: there are no transfers from Avalon airport.
Bookings can be made via the online registration system here
1) Gull Airport Service provides a bus from Melbourne Airport to Geelong with regular bus services. For timetable information (as vary on different days) please visit www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport_1
Pick up information from Melbourne Airport can be found at www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport
2) The service drops off at Geelong Railway Station. From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Click here for timetable information.
1) Once arriving into Melbourne Airport, take the Skybus to Southern Cross Station. The Skybus departs from Melbourne Airport every 10 minutes and it is an approximate 30 minute journey. Tickets for Skybus can be pre purchased or purchased on arrival, for more information visit www.skybus.com.au/.
2) From Southern Cross Station, take a VLine train to Geelong. Visit www.vline.com.au for timetable information.
3) From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Click here for timetable information.
1) Taxis are another option from Melbourne Airport to Lorne. This is an expensive option with an approximate cost of $288. There is a taxi rank outside Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
RENTAL CARS & CAR SHARING
1) Melbourne Airport has six car rental companies located on site. All have offices on the ground floor of the short term car park, and information desks in the Melbourne Airport domestic terminals. Please visit http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/To-From-the-Airport/Rental-Cars/Overview.html for further information. Each accommodation room at Mantra Lorne offers one car parking spot.
2) Interested in sharing the cost of a hire car? Select 'Car Share' during the registration process, fill in your details and the Conference Secretariat will connect you with delegates arriving at a similar time.
- VISA AND ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORITY (ETA)
On 23 March 2013, the department implemented changes to the types of visas available to persons wishing to travel to Australia to attend, participate at, or compete in events being held in Australia.
Under Australia's universal visa system, all visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia (other than New Zealand passport holders who will normally be granted a Special Category visa on arrival, provided they meet health and character requirements; and permanent residents of Norfolk Island who may be granted a Permanent Resident of Norfolk Island visa on arrival). For more information, see the fact sheet: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/17nz.htm
There are many visa options available to people wishing to visit Australia. The appropriate visa option will depend, amongst other things, on the person's purpose for visiting Australia.
Click here for the new visa fact sheet, effective from 1 July 2013. This fact sheet includes information about the visa options available for those who are travelling to Australia as business visitors, including the new arrangements in place for online applications for the Visitor (Subclass 600) visa and the Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400). For the purposes of attending this event, you may wish to consider applying for one of these visas, based on your role at the event.
Please note that only certain passport holders are eligible to apply for these visas online.
For information on who can apply for the eVisitor (subclass 651) visa online, please go to: http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/651/applicants.htm
For information on who can apply for the ETA (Subclass 601) visa online, please go to: http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/601/applicants.htm
For information on who can apply for the Visitor (Subclass 600) visa online, please go to: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/600.htm
For information on who can apply for the Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400) online, please go to: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/short-stay-activity.htm
We recommend that applicants applying for a paper-based visa lodge their application at least 6-8 weeks before their intended travel date to Australia. All travellers to Australia must have a valid visa before boarding their plane. Travellers to Australia cannot apply for a visa on arrival.
- INVITATION LETTERS
ASN Events are pleased to announce that invitation letters can now be downloaded from your registration dashboard.
You can download your invitation letter once you have paid the registration fee in full and entered your passport details.
Normal banking hours are Monday - Thursday 9:30am-4:00pm and Fridays 9:30-5:00pm, excluding public holidays. 24 Hour Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) can be found throughout the City and Shopping Centres.
There are four major banks in Australia which offer a full range of banking services including currency conversions and sales of travellers cheques.
ATMs can be found at numerous locations throughout Lorne including shopping centres and at many banks with the Lorne township. Most of the major credit cards are accepted.
- CURRENCY AND EXCHANGE
The official currency of Australia is the Australian Dollar (AUD)
Australian currency is comprised of notes and coins and are of decimal currency. In view of the currency, you may occasionally see prices such as $2.98, this figure is rounded up to the nearest five cents, in this case $3.00.
Money exchanges can be found all around the city and most major tourist destinations. Banks also offering money exchanging services and cashing of travellers cheques.
Throughout Melbourne you will find numerous Currency Exchange desks, most accommodation properties also have exchange Rates at reception, however, some hotels have a limit to what you can exchange.
All the major banks also offer money exchange services and cashing of travellers cheques. Your passport will be needed for indentification purposes when cashing travellers cheques.
Please click here to use the currency converter.
- AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS
Information for travellers - http://www.customs.gov.au/knowbeforeyougo/default.asp
The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular information service. http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/
This site is designed to help you get through the security checkpoints at the airport quickly and easily.
It will help you understand the aviation security measures in place at Australian airports and why they are necessary.
It provides information on preparing for your trip, what you are prohibited from taking on board, and travelling with children, medicines or sporting equipment.
It also provides a number of videos that explain the screening process and liquids, aerosols and gels restrictions.
This site will be updated with new information to reflect changes in airport security arrangements as they occur.